For more information, or to register for a coaching circle, please contact:
Many nonprofits have, at most, one paid staff member assigned to manage and implement their fundraising programs. When the decision is made to add a major gifts program to the list of responsibilities for this individual, many find themselves overwhelmed and lacking the expertise and confidence to succeed in this new assignment.
The Coaching Circles are intended to provide low-cost consulting expertise and coaching services to development professionals seeking to become effective major gift fundraisers.
Each Coaching Circle will be organized as follows:
- A maximum of five participants with one coach
- A total of six monthly group meetings (3 hours per meeting)
- Private intake meeting with each participant to assess major gift readiness and identify key coaching needs
- Individual exit meetings with each participant and their direct supervisor to review major gift program plan, support needed to continue execution of plan, and ongoing evaluation of progress in execution of the plan
- Up to three hours of individual coaching per participant (in person and / or by phone) to address critical issues related to each participant’s ability to succeed in executing his/her major gifts strategy
Intended benefits to participation include guidance and support in:
- Developing an effective case for philanthropic support
- Clarifying fundraising priorities and attainable goals
- Assessing return on investment for the organization’s primary fundraising strategies in order to increase resources allocated to major gift efforts
- Developing major gift portfolios and appropriate program parameters for sustained success
- Advancing key philanthropic relationships and making successful major gift solicitations
Cost per participant: $1,750